cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager 4.0 - Time on phone drift

esther.tan
Level 1
Level 1

Our Sydney users have reported to us that the time on their phones drift for an hour, due to the daylight saving.

We have checked that the Callmanager is pointing to the NTP server. Users told us that their other servers using the same NTP are showing the correct time but not the Cisco phones.

Is there anything I can set on the Callmanager (4.0) to activate the daylight savings or can it be only done through any patches? If patches are needed, it would be great if any one can advise me what patch and where to get it as I have not done any patch on CM4.0 before.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Check the 'Date/Time' Group that is set on the Device pool for those phones. Adjusting this will undoubtdly fix your phones..

HTH, please rate useful posts..

Chad

The timezone set on the date and time group of these users are correct, +10 GMT Sydney. What do I need to change?

Esther,

Have you tried the following document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009470f.shtml

Use this to configure the ntp.conf file and make sure your subscriber points to the publisher IP address not the NTP server in its ntp.conf file

Let us know how you get on

Paul

Paul, I actually used this guide to config the NTP server. I have also did the stop/start of NTP services.

One Qn, from the CM windows, I still see the NTP is pointing to the old server which is not in use anymore. Do I have to change that too? Or configuring the ntp.conf file is good enough?

Esther,

Configuring the ntp file should be good enough, but if you can remove the old NTP information from the windows NTP information I would did you also try the manual sync using the ntpdate command when you stopped and started the services

Thanks

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: