cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified communications 3rd party application Cisco equivalent ?

craig.corbett
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all, apologies if this is the incorrect place to post this question.

We are looking to deploy the following application on our CME system (I guess on a server connected to CME), but I would rather stick to a Cisco product.

http://www.ipfx.com/unified_communications.php?page=1

My question is, is there are comparative Cisco product? I am presuming that the above product is simply a 3rd party application for Cisco Call Manager Express that also required Exchange 2007 for the advanced messaging features ?

Any information / clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig,

The product itself stores the messages and recording for calls queue messages, just need a windows 2003 server, possible may work with 2008 but you will need to check with IPFX, they do have presence in the UK and the guys are pretty good. Depends what you are wanting to do with it. The deployments I sued it for was the contact centre and voicemail, the issues we had was that call queues locked up. In the end they sorted this be totally rewritting the code. Were as I have installed a couple of CUCCX and once you get a hang of the scripts it was no issue at all.

If you need more on it let me know but in summary, IPFX is more administrator friendly but possibly not as stable. CUCCX is more stable and just as good as IPFX, but more expensive and requires a knowledge of scripting.

cheers

Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Craig

The Cisco IPCC Express now known as as CUCCX should work with the CME. I have worked on IPFX and whilst it is an easy product to configure and maintain, it is not as stable as the CUCCX.

Make sure you get the correct version of CUCCX for your CME, check the release notes and compatibiltiy guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_device_support_tables_list.html

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for the info. So IPFX is just a 3rd party app installed on a server that will plug into CME ? Same as CUCCX ? Do you know if there is a specific requirement for the environment e.g. Exchange 2007?

Craig,

The product itself stores the messages and recording for calls queue messages, just need a windows 2003 server, possible may work with 2008 but you will need to check with IPFX, they do have presence in the UK and the guys are pretty good. Depends what you are wanting to do with it. The deployments I sued it for was the contact centre and voicemail, the issues we had was that call queues locked up. In the end they sorted this be totally rewritting the code. Were as I have installed a couple of CUCCX and once you get a hang of the scripts it was no issue at all.

If you need more on it let me know but in summary, IPFX is more administrator friendly but possibly not as stable. CUCCX is more stable and just as good as IPFX, but more expensive and requires a knowledge of scripting.

cheers

Paul

Paul, thanks for the info.

Craig.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: