cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PDA with Callmanager

Mohamed Gaber
Level 1
Level 1

How could I integrate the PDA with CallManager. The PDA I test is Intermec PDA, Windows mobile 5 with the messaging and security feature pack

5 Replies 5

What do you mean by integrate? What do you want to acheive? Do you just want to synchronize directories or use the PDA as a IP phone endpoint?

I want to use the PDA as an IP Phone. Could we install Cisco IP Communicator on the PDA?

I did search for the subject near the required and found some subject about MObile clients and personal communicator but I did not go through and don't if it is realted to what I want to do.

douhanm
Level 1
Level 1

currently no, you need a NOKIA E series with the ICC client then your phone will look like an 7970 to the UCM and irks great over WLAN and also over VPN

There are rumours about CUMA for windows mobile but that sitll wont give you a WLAN phone it just signals over 3G and calls using PSTN anyway.

I think we are all waiting on the day when CUMC becomes a WLAN phone as well

if you have WLAN and CUCM 5.x or 6.x you can look for SIP clients and try with them

i can't give specific since all depends on the SIP client you use, look at the documentation from the client. usually a CUCM trace will show how to match the fields from the SIP client with the CUCM config

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you all for the reply.

I searched about PDA in the netpro and found a post about it. It sayes that we could use IP Blue. I did download but I did not test it yet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: