Partitions and CSS

Unanswered Question
Oct 8th, 2008

Hi there !

I need help with this situation... (see attach)

How should I configure the CSS in gateway for the situations:

- an external call (collect call) is received from pbx and should be sent only to PT_Internal_CollectCalls

- an external call is received from pstn and should not be sent to PT_Internal_only (send to secretary ? how ?)

- an external call is send to PT_Internal_DID

- an internal call from any analog phone shoud reach all partitions

Can you please help me ?

Thanks a lot.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Marwan ALshawi Wed, 10/08/2008 - 05:16

can u just describe how the pbx,analog phons, callmanger and gateway connected please?

andrei.goncalves Wed, 10/08/2008 - 05:43

I'm not sure if this is what you want:

PBX has 9 E1 (R2) with PSTN... and more 3 E1 (Qsig) with gateway...

2000 Analog phones are connected to PBX...

Call manager 4.2 is using this gateway with 3 E1 to be connected to the pbx...

Marwan ALshawi Wed, 10/08/2008 - 06:22

ok now the view sounds ok

one more thing

u send the calls from pbx or analog phones or comeing from pstn to spesific numbers in callmanager or u have lots of users with ip phones

i mean u have a hunt number in each partion and group of DIDs or how ?

the problem i see here we need to match based on calling number !!!

and is the gateway is h323 ?

Md. Mijanur Rahman Wed, 10/08/2008 - 06:36

Right marwanshawi, this is not the matter of CSS, but call routing matching on calling numbers.

You can translate the numbers of specific group of callers (say PBX) to a hunt number of the group of receivers(say PT_Internal_CollectCalls). This will make your job easier.

andrei.goncalves Wed, 10/08/2008 - 06:36

I'll have a lot of user with ip phones.. so, some calls to ip phones will come from analog phones, other calls from pstn...

I don't have hunt number in each partition.. each ip phone in DID partition can receive it own calls...

it is a mgcp gateway

Md. Mijanur Rahman Wed, 10/08/2008 - 12:33

ok, do you have any specific numbering plan for those specific groups of callers? Can you share those along with route plans already implemented?

andrei.goncalves Thu, 10/09/2008 - 03:06

The "PBX Man" allowed me to use 7xxx to use for IP Phones.. in these pool of numbers, I have those 3 situations:

- IP phones are restrictec (only receive internal calls)

- IP phones are DID

- IP Phones are DID + receive collect calls

I dont see set an specific numbers for group of caller as a good solution because a user (manager) can call me and tell that now he needs to receive a collect call in his number.. so the number stays the same, but the priviledges changes...

andrei.goncalves Fri, 10/17/2008 - 06:07

I was thinking about routing calls... I think to receive calls as I want I need to:

- create a partition for DID phones

- create a partition for not DID phones

- create a partition for colleccalls phones

-- DID phones ok... the router send the call to phone

-- Not DID phones.. I think I'll have to create a route pattern and re-route the calls back to PBX and transform it to call to the secretary (is it right?)

-- collect call phones .. also need to create route patterns or translation patters ... for each phone....

is this the way ?

wow.. that will mean a lot of work...

Marwan ALshawi Fri, 10/17/2008 - 21:46

Andrei the above config will not do the work for u

because ur problem is u need to match based on the source in voice mean based on calling number

this way route pattren work in outbound calls

u can make some digit manipolations with a translation pattren but translation pattren can match based on called number not calling number this is the problem

good luck

andrei.goncalves Mon, 10/20/2008 - 03:01

Good morning !

Hum.. I was thinking about that call routing scheme from a router point of view.... for example, a call comming from PSTN->PBX-> to a non-DID IP Phone... there would be a route pattern for that specific IP extension that would re-reoute the call back to the PBX... to the secretary analog extension...

I thought that that this would be the way...

This Discussion