Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Partitions and CSS

Hi there !

I need help with this situation... (see attach)

How should I configure the CSS in gateway for the situations:

- an external call (collect call) is received from pbx and should be sent only to PT_Internal_CollectCalls

- an external call is received from pstn and should not be sent to PT_Internal_only (send to secretary ? how ?)

- an external call is send to PT_Internal_DID

- an internal call from any analog phone shoud reach all partitions

Can you please help me ?

Thanks a lot.

Andrei.

11 Replies 11

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

can u just describe how the pbx,analog phons, callmanger and gateway connected please?

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is what you want:

PBX has 9 E1 (R2) with PSTN... and more 3 E1 (Qsig) with gateway...

2000 Analog phones are connected to PBX...

Call manager 4.2 is using this gateway with 3 E1 to be connected to the pbx...

Andrei.

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

ok now the view sounds ok

one more thing

u send the calls from pbx or analog phones or comeing from pstn to spesific numbers in callmanager or u have lots of users with ip phones

i mean u have a hunt number in each partion and group of DIDs or how ?

the problem i see here we need to match based on calling number !!!

and is the gateway is h323 ?

Right marwanshawi, this is not the matter of CSS, but call routing matching on calling numbers.

You can translate the numbers of specific group of callers (say PBX) to a hunt number of the group of receivers(say PT_Internal_CollectCalls). This will make your job easier.

I'll have a lot of user with ip phones.. so, some calls to ip phones will come from analog phones, other calls from pstn...

I don't have hunt number in each partition.. each ip phone in DID partition can receive it own calls...

it is a mgcp gateway

Thanks.

Andrei.

Hi..

It's not clear to me... I still need help..

Thanks.

Andrei.

ok, do you have any specific numbering plan for those specific groups of callers? Can you share those along with route plans already implemented?

The "PBX Man" allowed me to use 7xxx to use for IP Phones.. in these pool of numbers, I have those 3 situations:

- IP phones are restrictec (only receive internal calls)

- IP phones are DID

- IP Phones are DID + receive collect calls

I dont see set an specific numbers for group of caller as a good solution because a user (manager) can call me and tell that now he needs to receive a collect call in his number.. so the number stays the same, but the priviledges changes...

Thanks.

Andrei.

Hi,

I was thinking about routing calls... I think to receive calls as I want I need to:

- create a partition for DID phones

- create a partition for not DID phones

- create a partition for colleccalls phones

-- DID phones ok... the router send the call to phone

-- Not DID phones.. I think I'll have to create a route pattern and re-route the calls back to PBX and transform it to call to the secretary (is it right?)

-- collect call phones .. also need to create route patterns or translation patters ... for each phone....

is this the way ?

wow.. that will mean a lot of work...

Thanks.

Andrei.

Andrei the above config will not do the work for u

because ur problem is u need to match based on the source in voice mean based on calling number

this way route pattren work in outbound calls

u can make some digit manipolations with a translation pattren but translation pattren can match based on called number not calling number this is the problem

good luck

Good morning !

Hum.. I was thinking about that call routing scheme from a router point of view.... for example, a call comming from PSTN->PBX-> to a non-DID IP Phone... there would be a route pattern for that specific IP extension that would re-reoute the call back to the PBX... to the secretary analog extension...

I thought that that this would be the way...

Thanks.

Andrei.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: