Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified CM 6.0.1.3000-7

nissarbm_ece
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I configured two third party SIP phone's (say 1001 and 1002) to Cisco Unified CM. Both the phones got registered to the Cisco Call Manager.

But I could not establish call between these two phones. When I am trying to make the call, Cisco Call Manager is giving the "404: Not Found". The reason phrase within the packet has the following codes.

Reason: Q.850;cause=1

Reason Protocols: Q.850

Cause: 1(0x1)[Unallocated (unassigned) number]

Any body have any idea on this issue? Is I missed out any Cisco CM configurarion?

12 Replies 12

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SIP has been getting better with ever release of CUCM. I would probably bet it's a bug. But if you can run another test with (2) 79xx that are SIP phones, then you will know it is the third party issue. or narrow it down. If the 79XX does not work, (highly doubt it) then possibly upgrade to the 6.1.(2). I know 6.0 has some bugs or not the greatest.

I don't have 79xx series phones. So, I cannot proceed with testing.

My serious doubt is that, I may missed out some call routing configuration. Is there any specific config that I need to take care for call routing?

Is there any wrong config that may result in the above mentioned error?

have you set up the SIP in the system itself? Run through a SIP setup of a 79xx phone. Possibly its just something in the CUCM system not setup.

Did you configure the CSS, PTs, etc for all the lines?

No, I am not configured CSS? Also, what is PT? I don't have any idea about PT?

Can you please mention, how I can configure CSS & PT?

No, I am not configured CSS? Also, what is PT? I don't have any idea about PT?

Can you please mention, how I can configure CSS & PT?

The constructs of a dial-plan are reliant on both CSS (Calling Search Space) and PT (Partitions).

The partition is what you assigned to the line-dn with CUCM. It basically means who can call you, and the css one the line or device is the call restrictions, who you can call.

For example.

Lets say two extension are both configured with the same PT (Partition) PT_Internal DN 1000 and DN 2000.

In order for 1000 to call 2000 or for 2000 to call 1000 both will have to have a CSS which contains PT_Internal otherwise the call will fail.

Rgds

Allan.

Can you reference a document for configuring CSS & PT.

Please refer to the following URL taken from the CUCM 6.x SRND, it discusses the dial-plan including CSS and Partitions:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/dialplan.html

Refer to the following URL for configuration guidance for Partitions and CSS:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/6_0_1/ccmcfg/b03csspc.html#wpxref59325

HTH.

Allan.

It was really helped me to sort out the basic problem.

Since there are lots of documents, it is very difficult to figure out a particular section.

The reference provided is very useful.

I configured two phones to the same PT and CSS. Still the issue persist. That is when I am making call, say from 1000 to 2000, Cisco CM is giving "404: Not Found" Response.

Is there any other call routing configuration that I need to take care?

Hi Allan,

I configured the two phones on to the same PT and CSS.

Now, I could able to make a call between the third party SIP devices.

Your suggestion really helped me to sort out the issue.

By this I am considering the issue as closed.

Thanks for your kind cooperation.

Hi Nissar, I'm pleased that through our help you were able to resolve your problem.

Take Care..

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: