cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CFwdAll won't release

Rusty Haferkamp
Level 1
Level 1

Yesterday I started having problems with a user that has been unable to disable call forwarding from the phone. I can go into CM and remove it from the device line properties and reset. At first I thought it was just a phone or button issue but it has tested the same on several 7940s and 7960s.

Remote site using 2811 with a PRI

CM 4.1(3)sr7

Any ideas?

8 Replies 8

sebastiandm
Level 1
Level 1

Check your db replication or try changing the cm group the phone is registered to.

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I've had this before with one of our customer and it turned out to be a database related issue. Have you checked in SQL Enterprise Manager to see if there are duplicate entries?

We ended up logging a TAC case unfortunately..

Or you may be hitting this bug:

CSCeg19146 Bug Details:

CFA stops working after CCM has been running under load

Symptom:

A Cisco IP phone user may be unable to activate or deactivate a call forward

all from their IP phone.

Condition:

This problem has been reported against Cisco CallManager version 4.0(1) and

4.0(2a)...also found it 4.1(3)..

Cisco IP phone users will be able to activate and/or deactivate call forward all by hitting the CFwdALL softkey on their IP phone for some time. After the Cisco CallManger (CCM) service has been running under load for some time the users will lose the ability to activate or deactivate from the IP phone.

You may see the following error in the aupair*.txt file found in C:\Program Files\Cisco\Trace\DBL folder on the publisher CallManager server when this problem occurs.

=====

10/25/2004 07:31:01.342 AUPAIR| CNotifyWorker::MonThreadProc() *ERROR* New record is missing

=====

Workaround:

Restart the Cisco CallManager and Database Layer Monitor services on all servers

in the cluster or reboot all servers in the cluster.

Please rate useful posts..

I am seeing some errors in the log but not the "New record missing"

CNotifyWorker::MonThreadProc() *ERROR* Unknown Exception

Thanks for the details. I will try the cluster reboot. It will most likely be tomorrow morning before I can run it through.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rusty,

Just to add a note to the good information you received from Tim and Sebastian, these docs have some possible solutions to this problem;

Unable to Cancel Call Forward All from an IP Phone

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00808170c4.shtml

Cisco CallManager Issues with Call Forward All

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801b3f4b.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks again for the quick responses. I've had great success with this forum.

Rob, dude you must live here!

To further add to the comments by the Rob as always and Tim, another alternative to restarting the cluster in the interim is to go open Component Services with Administrator to tools and expand the tree to locate the DBL component.

Right-click over this component and select restart.

Rgds

Allan

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Rusty,

Hahaha .... I don't quite live here, but I do try to spend some time very day reading, rating and sometimes replying to threads :) I have found these forums extremely helpful in trying to learn about IPT and a little about Wireless over the last 2+ years. The people here are just great and the help that they offer is really outstanding!

This thread is a great example!

I have rated Tim,Sebastian and Allan each 5 points for their great contributions. Thanks guys!

Cheers,

Rob

Rusty Haferkamp
Level 1
Level 1

First, I was unable to find the exact errors mentioned in the logs.

Second, I restarted the DBL Component Service. I did not have a "restart" option so I did shut down and start.

The obvious, Rebooting both servers resolved the issue.

Thanks again for everyones help, Rusty

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: