cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing dial plans for remote users in a different area code

graham.fleming
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, I'm fairly new to CallManager and I've been tasked with configuring the dial plan for our clients who work out of a remote office in a different area code.

How it works now is they have to dial a 1- before their own local area code but to call the head office (which is actually long distance from them) they don't need a 1-. I hope that makes sense. Essentially their phones behave as if they are located in the head office location and not their remote location.

I was hoping some of you bright people could point me in the right direction as to what I would need to configure to make this possible. I'm not exactly looking for someone to tell me step by step, I just don't know where to start really.

Thanks very much.

3 Replies 3

sebastiandm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You have said what the current setup is at the moment what is it that you are looking for or how would you like it to work. Which version of call manager are you running and which call control protocols ie. h323/mgcp/sip ??

Do you allow users to use 7-digit dialing or do all outbound calls use 10-digits? (I'm assuming you are in the US or Canada.) Also, a brief idea of what kind of partitions and route pattern you have would help.

You probably have a 9.1XXXXXXXXXX route pattern for LD calls and probably a couple 9.NNNXXXXXXX route patterns (where NNN is the local area code). If you want the remote users phone to be normalized for the area it's in (i.e. no 1 for local area codes, 1 required for calls to the HQ area code), you will need to move the 9.NNNXXXXXXX route pattern into a different partition that is not in the remote users Calling Search Space. You will also need to create one or more 9.NNNXXXXXXX route pattern(s) for the remote users local area code(s) and place those in a partition that is listed only in the remote users Calling Search Space. Also, you will need to prepend a 1 on those route patterns in order to get the proper LD treatment when you pass the calls to the PSTN.

All of those also assumes that you use a 9 access digit for outside calls.

Thank you! This is exactly what I need. I will let you know how it goes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: