Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager Service Stops

CUCM 6.1 new installation, 4 node

Installation on HP DL380G5 machines

Everything appears ok, but the call manager service on each of the 4 machines stops after about 20 seconds. All other services running. If I start Call manager service it shows as started but then about 20 seconds later goes inactive.

I have only ever build CUCM on MCS machines and am wondering if there is a hardware problem. The machines were supplied by customer with 3GHz processors initially. CUCM would not install so customer changed the processors to 2.33GHZ and CUCM installed. Each node has 8Gb of memory

5 Replies 5

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

Check, if you have enough node licenses

Thanks for the response, was one of my first checks.

CCM Node licence features says 7 units authorised and 4 units used

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andrew,

This is symptomatic of the CCM 6.x "Feature License" missing. Everything will build properly but the Callmanager Service will not stay running. Have a look at this good post that has excellent tips from Java and Chris;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc0cd41

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Many Thanks for the response. Just got a new licence key from Cisco and it all works.

Hi Andrew,

Good work my friend! Glad to be of some assistance.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: