Views
Helpful
Replies

POP3 and IMAP4 Unity5 Exchange03

tom
Level 1
Level 1

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am running Call Manager 4.1(3)sr3a at one of my locations with Unity 5.0(1.0) and Exchange 2003. All Windows environment

I would like to connect and pull down messages from my (example administrator) account for monitoring purposes using MS Outlook client.

Can anyone tell me the dangers or concerns with enabling POP3 and/or IMAP4?

Sincerely,

Thomas Dooley

Telecommunications Analyst

Forsyth County Government NC

dooleytm@forsyth.cc

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

There should be not issues. Not sure how you are setting it up but you should clean the eadmin account anyway.

I just use outlook and look in the inbox like any other subscriber.

Randy

View solution in original post

the Example Administrator Account is a subscriber so you can log in with outlook and check the messages.

On your call handlers that the message recipient is the Example Administrator Account you could either leave it and monitor the account or change the recipient subscriber or DL.

There are many ways to do it.

Just configure the eadmin mailbox as you would any other subscriber cause it is a subscriber. Check the inbox. I never have had to do POP3 or IMAP.

Randy

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

There should be not issues. Not sure how you are setting it up but you should clean the eadmin account anyway.

I just use outlook and look in the inbox like any other subscriber.

Randy

Randy

For us anyway the Example Administrator Account is the default VM account, so if we forget or do not configure a VM account for a Call Handler it goes to the Example Administrator Account.

Yes, I want to keep clean as well.

Thanks Tom

the Example Administrator Account is a subscriber so you can log in with outlook and check the messages.

On your call handlers that the message recipient is the Example Administrator Account you could either leave it and monitor the account or change the recipient subscriber or DL.

There are many ways to do it.

Just configure the eadmin mailbox as you would any other subscriber cause it is a subscriber. Check the inbox. I never have had to do POP3 or IMAP.

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: