cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7937 3rd party microphone compatibility?

mrguitar
Level 4
Level 4

I know this is somewhat more Polycom-related, but it still applies to the Cisco 7937 product (as all the Cisco conference phones are really OEM'd Polycoms)

The 7937 data sheet talks about being able to support external 3rd party microphones.

I would actually like to know if the "Wireless Lapel Microphone" (located here: http://www.polycom.com/usa/en/products/voice/accessories/wireless_lapel_microphone.html) is compatible with the Cisco IP phone 7937 (which is really an OEM'd Polycom SoundStation IP 7000, I believe).

If so, do I require a certain frequency model, and are there any required accessories or software needed on the Cisco IP Phone? Or is this accessory independent of the Phone System and any software? Please let me know ASAP.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Ed

4 Replies 4

darin.zimmerman
Level 1
Level 1

Ed, did you ever get this figured out? We are interested in purchasing a wireless mic for our 7937 as well. Just curious what you ended up with for a solution.

Brookercisco
Level 1
Level 1

The 7937/7937G mentions that it supports a 3rd party wireless lapel microphone in the documention.

It does this via a microphone jack on the side. The jack is a standard "small" 2.5mm(3/32") audio jack which is smaller than the analog microphone jack on your computer. That on is 3.5mm(1/8").

What is needed then is a wireless microphone along with its receiver. The receiver output then needs to be fed into the audio jack on the 7937G. The output og the receiver will most likely need multiple adapters to plug into the 2.5mm audion jack on the 7937G.

For example, the output of a receiver might be RCA. The first adapter might be a cable of RCA to 3.5mm and then a adapter of 3.5mm to 2.5mm.

Anyways, I suggest working with CDW for the purchase. They were very helpful.

there is some really helpful information about the wireless lapel option on the 7937 at the following link.

http://jjcoolstuff.blogspot.com/2009/04/wireless-lapel-mic-for-cisco-conference.html

darin.zimmerman
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, that lapel microphone works with the 7937. We bought the Channel A (171.9 MHz model) and it works great.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: