cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 - Installation

smunro-nsx
Level 1
Level 1

I've just installed an evaluation copy of LMS3.1. I performed a discovery and wanted to take a look at the map.

When I click any link for "Topology Services" I get a pop-up, which then imediatly closes.

If I open up Campus Manager and go to the Visualization Tab and "Launch Topology Services", then the PLug-in is downloaded, JAVA starts and then I get a pop up saying "Cannot Connect to ANI server: null" Cause unknown error.

I've checked the ANI Server Service and it indicates that it is running, but with the Busy Flag Set.

I would be grateful for any help. or is tha ANI Help.

Cheers

Stuart

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure the TCP ports 42342 and 43242 are open between client and server.

Not sure I follow. Do you mean ensure there are no extended ACL's been the Client & Server? or you mean open up the Ports on the server to accept connections on those ports

If the first, then I have no ACL's on the network between the Client & Server.

If the second, can you tell me how I do that.

Thanks much,

Stuart

I mean make sure there are no firewalls or ACLs blocking those ports between client and server (this includes any host-based firewalls as well). You should be able to telnet to both of those ports from the client, and get a successful connection.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: