cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we modify @removable?

tim_graham
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently using CSA to prevent writing to USB drives by using "@removable" and defining a file set for USB (directories matching @ removable).

This has caused a problem when using App-V-formerly SoftGrid to virtualize Adobe Eeader.

App-V uses a Q drive when virtualizing applications. Evidently Q is seen as belonging to @ removable.

In testing, I have changed the file set for USBs to be directories matching @removable but not Q:\**.

This allows Adobe Reader to work without interference, but also allows pdf documents to be written to USB drives.

Is there a way to directly modify @removable? so that it does not include specific drive letters?

3 Replies 3

nexusiscco
Level 1
Level 1

Tim,

Did you ever get an answer for this?

Could you share with me how your rule-module is?

Someting like custom rule-module with a deny all users to @removable\**\*.*

asp13
Level 1
Level 1

actually you can block 'usbstore' driver so no usb disks are recognized at all. I'll try to find the exact rules if it's still needed.

Hi asp13,

Do you have that rule? I'm having some performance issues with the operating system when the USB rule is activated, I would appreciate it if you could share that rule with me so I can compare them

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card