cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4507R-SUP2+ Which module will be powered down 1st?

Johann Frey
Level 1
Level 1

Which module will be powered down 1st in a 4507R Switch? i have one Sup2+ and 5 WS-X4548-GB-RJ45V linecard and two 2800 Watt power supplies.

look at this:

• If you attempt to insert additional modules into your switch and exceed the power that the power supplies provide, the switch immediately places the newly inserted module into reset mode and the switch displays following error message: Module has been inserted and Insufficient power supplies operating. Additionally, if you power down a functioning switch, and you insert an additional module or change the module configuration so that the power requirements exceed the available power, once you power on the switch again one or more modules are placed in reset mode.

2 Replies 2

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

The module which has bee inserted at the last is powreed down first.To compute the power requirements for your system and verify that your system has enough power, add the power consumed by the supervisor engine module(s), the fan box(es), and the installed modules (including inline power). For inline power, multiply the number of IP phones by 6.3 W.

ok, that is clear, but if i reload the switch and then i have lack power which module is powered down 1st?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: