Views
Helpful
Replies

User unable to retrieve voicemail in Unity

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have an issue with a specific user who is unable to retrieve voicemail. I have checked this and can leave a message but I am unable to reqtrieve it. We have Unity 5.0.2 with Unified messaging to the company exchange.

I have since found out the user has been moved from another exchange server. I have had a look at the properties for this user and in the X400 and X500 connectors I have the old exhange information before the new exchange information could this have something to do with it

thanks

Paul

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have other working subscribers on this Exchange server/storage group? Have you run the Permissions Wizard against this server/storage group?

Brandon

Brandon,

yes all other users are fine just appears to be this one, who was moved over from another exchange domain. I may have to run the wizard again as you are both saying and take it from there

Thanks

Paul

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

What happens when you try and retrieve the voicemail message?

If this subscriber has been moved to a different mailstore I would recommend re-running the permissions wizard (Commserver > Utilities > PermissionsWizard) in Unity as this fixes a variety of problems with Exchange permissions which is probably causing the issue.

Make sure you select the Exchange server/mail store where the user is located..

You can also manually check this persons Exchange permissions with a subscriber located in the same mailstore that is working.

Please rate useful posts...

Tim,

It just tells me I have no messages, also the MWI does not get triggered to come on. This is what makes me think that it is maybe going to the wrong mailbox. Even though the user is now in the Exchange used by Unity. In the properties section of the user his X400 and X500 connectors show both servers, have asked the user to confirm email itself is ok, but I am sure this issue is the fact he has swapped from one exchange domain to another and the one he is in now is the one used by Unity but the information ported over from the old exchange domain is cuasing issues but I dont have enough knowledge about exchange to understand.

Thanks

Paul

If you're not too happy about changing things in Exchange, try the perm wizard in Unity first.

Here's some more information on it if you need help:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_PW_501.htm

If this user doesn't mind loosing their voicemail history you can always delete the subscriber account and re-import it from the new Exchange server?

As you mentioned, you first need to make sure their e-mail itself is working..

Please rate useful posts..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: