cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Server Assignment - Aironet 1130AG

rpeirce-ccc
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to configure a Cisco Aironet 1130AG to use a Windows Server 2003 DHCP server for assigning addresses to clients connecting to the access point. Does anyone know how to set this option? I cannot find it anywhere.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies 5

meagain123
Level 1
Level 1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808714fe.shtml

Go here, but after that good luck getting it to talk to the controller .

I have been working on mine for a few days now. The controller is on one segment and the ap is another . any suggestion would be great.

Have you had any luck getting this to work?

Have you had any luck getting this to work?

Is there something special that you want to happen? Regardless of the access points, the clients should DHCP from the DHCP server that exists on its own VLAN. If you want one DHCP server to cover multiple VLANs, simply place an "ip helper-address" on your layer 3 SVI for each VLAN that points to your DHCP server.

Let me know if there's something more complicated going on :)

minimag147
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having more or less the same problem but mine is even more low level than this. I have three 1130ag's that were setup in as PEEP authentication. The PEEP was proving to be a problem for whatever reason and we decided to go with WEP authentication and have the 1130's be regular old APs. Well apparently they can't or won't do that. I set one up as a standalone AP and it actually worked for about three weeks giving out DHCP addys to laptops then one day decided it wouldn't anymore. So I reset it using the MODE button and put the same information back into the device. Now it will allow clients to connect but never gives them a DHCP addy. We don't have and never had a Cisco Wireless controller and these have been working as PEEP WAPs for well at least a year or so. Why won't they simply give out DHCP to the clients?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: