cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem contacting DCR Master from a DCR Slave

diegomartin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I got a problem contacting my DCR Master (CWLMS) from a DCR Slave (Operations Manager). I've already imported the certificates in both sides but when I try to connect the DCR Slave to the DCR Master, I see the error "Certificate is not installed". What can I do?

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure the certificates were created using the short hostnames of the servers, and that you added them using each server's short hostname. Make sure the two servers can communicate with each other via short hostname.

Actually the server's hostnames have a length of 12 y 14. Will be any problem with CiscoWorks and Operations Manager if I change the server's hostnames? (I realize tha I have to re-generate the certiciates and re-import them).

The length of the hostnames do not matter. You just need to make sure the certs were generated with the correct hostname. We typically recommend the short hostname and not the FQDN. For example, if the server's hostname is:

lms-server.company.com

Generate a cert for lms-server.

As for changing the hostname of the server, there are a lot of steps involved in both LMS and CUOM to adjust those applications for the new hostname. These steps are documented in the suites' troubleshooting FAQ.

In my case the hostnames aren't FQDN. Yesterday I noticed the LMS certificate was generated with a diferent hostaname of the real server but I changed it. According to you I don't need to change the server's hostnames. It seems, so far, everything is OK. What can I else check?