cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP transit, Available hardware.

VictorAKur
Level 1
Level 1

Apart from a 6500 series boxes, what else can be used to terminate full or close to full (up to 200000 routes) routing table?

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Vicktor,

I've read the c6500 went to ROMMON.

if you have a C7206VXR with NPE-G1 or NPE-G2 with 1GB of RAM and forwarding is not a problem (low traffic volume roughly 500 Mbps bidir ) it is fine.

You can also think to change supervisor from sup2/MSFC2 on the poor troubled chassis (as explained in the other thread ...) to sup 720 3BXL or more you will need to add the correct DFCs (DFC3 or more ideally DFC3 BXL as new supervisor) on all linecards that support DFCs. But this takes some time.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

We do have boxes with 720-3BXLs on them. But it was very tempting to try and resolve this issue. :) Unfortunately I am running out of time with this one and will have to come up with some kind of solution soon. I don't think I will be allowed to replace the SUPs - not cost effective in this situation. So for now the troubled box is still doing BGP transit, but the bulk of the crytical traffic has been redirected elsewhere. Do you know what is the latest image I can install on the SUP2?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco