Views
Helpful
Replies

Errors in Adminstration of Unity Server

sherifato
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am having an issue with unity 5.0. I want to leave a message for a user and I hear in place of the prompt " system error has occured, please contact your system administrator"

Please can anyone help me with the right configuration in order to hear the prompt for a caller to be able to leave a message.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

how are you doing this? dialing the extension directly? logging in and dialing 2 to leave a message?

Any errors in the event log at the time you leave a message?

Randy

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I saw this same behavior a while ago where they had a call routing rule defined which happened to match a particular subscriber's extension. The call routing rule was old and out of commission, thus causing problems. You may want to check your call routing rules in Web SA.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Thanks alot people but I didnt set any routing rule and I did install the unity but want to test with one user by leaving a message but I hear the error message instead of a prompt.

I believe I didnt set something right or missing something.

I need help with this.

Thanks alot

You'll want to open Port Status Monitor on the Unity server in the Tools Depot and click Settings>Real Time Display. Place the call into voice mail and see where it's failing and what message is displayed.

Brad

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do the test again to fail it and tell us what shows up in your Event Viewer in the Application log. There should be an error there associated with the bad call. Please let us know what the error is, the desription, the source, and the event id number.

Thanks!

Tray