cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do I really need a MCS server for Unity?

support
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning a VoIP deployment. Can I install Unity on any Windows server that meets hardware requirements? Why should I purchase an MCS system with Unity rather than, lets say, and Dell server?

One of the things I like about having it on a Windows box is that I can back it up with Backup Exec and restore it to another server in the event of a disaster.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi all,

If this was helpful please rate.

:-) =)

Randy

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

You can as long as it meets is on the tested server list. Let me get it for you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps2237/product_data_sheet0900aecd802132ef.pdf

TAC will not support it if it is not in this list.

Randy

What are the pros and cons to running my own server from IBM or HP instead of buying the a MCS system?

I run on my own HP platform, the only con that I see is that you need to provide your own windows CD and you will not get the Cisco Unity Platform CDs from Cisco.

It takes a little longer to install. But the servers cost less.

MCS servers are just HP and IBM servers that are branded Cisco anyway.

Hope this helps.

Randy

Yes this is very helpful. How much were you able to save, if you don't mind me asking?

I sent you an email offline

Randy

Hi all,

If this was helpful please rate.

:-) =)

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: