cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot save the configuration after zone changing.

The customer is trying to save the configuration after a Zone changing. The error message is the following:

# copy running-config startup-config

2008 Oct 10 13:22:45 SW1SU %ZONE-2-ZS_INIT_FAILED: Failed to save persistent configuration

2008 Oct 10 13:22:45 SW1SU %ZONE-2-ZS_INIT_FAILED: pss_create failure, code = 0x8048001e, URL = sync:/mnt/pss/zone_zs_active_zset_cfg

2008 Oct 10 13:22:45 SW1SU %SYSMGR-2-CFGWRITE_ABORTED: Configuration copy aborted.

Configuration update aborted: request was abort

or

#copy running-config startup-config

2008 Oct 10 13:22:45 SW1SU %ZONE-2-ZS_INIT_FAILED: Failed to save persistent configuration

2008 Oct 10 13:22:45 SW1SU %ZONE-2-ZS_INIT_FAILED: pss_create failure, code = 0x8048001e, URL = sync:/mnt/pss/zone_zs_active_zset_cfg

Does someone has any idea how to solve this problem?

7 Replies 7

sidbartle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

the 9216's have this issue. Bug CSCeg75552. To fix, reboot the switch.

The root cause is that the CF (compact flash) card is stuck in read only mode for some reason. You need to plan an upgrade to post 3.0.2 or open a case with your service provider to replace the CF card.

Are you saying this is fixable? I have 2 9216's that both have this problem, SANOS 3.1(1).

The root cause is the compact flash card. There was a software fix attempted in 3.0.2 but is not 100%. If the problem shows up again, the reload will clear it, but the ultimate fix is to replace the compact flash card with a new one. In some instances, based on your service provider, this may be a complete chassis replacement. This requires license re-homing as licenses are tied to the chassis serial number. I believe it has to do with the number of writes to the CF card. At some point, the card goes into a read only state and reload is the only option to clear it.

Thanks mikbrown,

I will get my service provider to get onto this asap. It's interesting they didn't replace it by default on the 3rd and 4th time it happened.

sergperez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

I do this command this evening with no problems.

Try to do a "write erase" first to clean the flash of "strange things".

Also if the "write erase" fails, then you had a problem on the flash memory I do not know if can be write protected by command.

Regards and good luck.

Sergio Perez Molina

The CF is not designed to be write protected by any MDS command. It does have a RO mode, but should not enter this mode with normal MDS operation. Once in RO mode, the only way to set it back to RW (read/write) is by resetting it. That requires a reload of the MDS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: