Views
Helpful
Replies

2 VPN interfaces on the same device

svanguilder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a bit of a dilemma. We have an ASA 5510 which we currently have some L2L and remote access VPN connections on.We brought in a higher speed line to terminate our VPN on and I need start moving VPN connections to the new interface. I overlooked one issue the default route, it won't follow the same interface it connects to back out. Can I have 2 default routes so that is sends out both interfaces? I know this is a stretch, but I am hoping someone has a solution for this.

2 Replies 2

singhsaju
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You can create specific routes for VPN peers (moved to new interface) pointing towards the new interface. Keep the default route as it is .

route VPN Peer ip 255.255.255.255 XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX 1

I do not think two default routes would work.

HTH

Saju

Pls rate helpful posts

I did that with a test connection and it did work. The L2L connections are the easy ones, it is the client based ones that are going to be an issue as there are a lot of them and trying to do a static route individually will be an monstrous task.

Anyone know much about policy based routing? Can I setup a routing policy that allows routing back out the originating interface? That would make life much easier.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: