Hi

Can I add mgcp gateway on Route List?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You cannot add gateways directly to route lists. You can, however add route groups that contain MGCP gateways to route lists.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Peterson,

The MGCP Gateway would need to be added/belong to a Route Group first, then the Route Group would be added to the Route List :)

Route Group Configuration

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A route group allows you to designate the order in which gateways and trunks are selected. It allows you to prioritize a list of gateways and ports for outgoing trunk selection.

Route List Configuration

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A route list associates a set of route groups in a specified priority order. A route list then associates with one or more route patterns and determines the order in which those route groups are accessed. The order controls the progress of the search for available devices for outgoing calls.

A route list can contain only route groups.

Each route list should have at least one route group. Each route group includes at least one device, such as a gateway, that is available.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_1/ccmcfg/b03rtlst.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You cannot add gateways directly to route lists. You can, however add route groups that contain MGCP gateways to route lists.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi

Sorry I wanted write Route Group.

My question is why I cannot add mgcp e1 isdn on RG in cucm 6 in my test lab.

Maybe because on RG there are h323 gateway too and it isn't possible.

Thanks

i think Brandon and Rob have mentioned the idea

dosnt matter if u have h323 and mgcp

but u need to make sure that the gateway apear as registered first then u need to go to gateway seetting and configure the E1 there then u can add it to a routegroup/routelist

good luck

Do you have this gateway configured directly on any route patterns? If a gateway is assigned to a route pattern, it will not be available to add to a route group and vice versa.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thank you for typing this little blurb here Brandon. We couldn't figure out why we can't add a new gateway to a new Route Group. We had configured it on the route list and that was the issue.

thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: