cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ARC console out dialing

littledavewhite
Level 1
Level 1

I have a solution with centralsed call control and centralised arc console server. The end operators for the arc solution are in 3 different countries, i have an issue with outdialing from the consoles, because the directory is centralised all calls are following the calling search space on the cti ports in the UK. I need the cti ports for each operator to follow the sites calling search space and break out on the local country gateway. Question, can arc have operators with dedicated cti ports using the relevant countries calling search space.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

This is certainly possible, essentially you should create unique ARC resources for each country.

These would comprise of your CTI route points for your Pre-CT gateway and Queue Location, CTI Ports for HostPBX, Service-Queues and CallPark.

You should create a different ARC-CSS for each country, each comprising with the associated partitions for the route-patterns for external dialling in that country.

This ARC-CSS should then be assigned to your ARC devices. However, assigning the appropriate PSTN restrictions depends on whether you are using a combination of line and device css, or line-only. So assign the CSS accordingly.

ARC permissions and communities can be also configured within ARC Connect so that Operators only see their own resources, such as their individual queue, callpark dn's.

Rgds

Allan.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

This is certainly possible, essentially you should create unique ARC resources for each country.

These would comprise of your CTI route points for your Pre-CT gateway and Queue Location, CTI Ports for HostPBX, Service-Queues and CallPark.

You should create a different ARC-CSS for each country, each comprising with the associated partitions for the route-patterns for external dialling in that country.

This ARC-CSS should then be assigned to your ARC devices. However, assigning the appropriate PSTN restrictions depends on whether you are using a combination of line and device css, or line-only. So assign the CSS accordingly.

ARC permissions and communities can be also configured within ARC Connect so that Operators only see their own resources, such as their individual queue, callpark dn's.

Rgds

Allan.

Hi Alan

thanks for this, it will save me a lot of hassle, new to ARC and did not even think about ops in different regions. What would you normally put inthe directory for mobile numbers ? The client is using AD and running a LDAP sync to bring the user into the directorym but the numbers need to be globally usable. Should we go for the +44 +91 etc configuration. i know UCM does not do plus dialing until version 7 but was wondering if the arc solution can cope with the + or does it just drop the call. Any ideas would be great.

Using + for your directory numbers would not be handled well by ARC. I have come across similar issue where a customer is using * to prefix all their DNs including ARC resources.

In this particular instance when call were either transfered and place on an ARC Call-Park resource the * was dropped. The workaround was to ensure that the ARC Service-queues and Call-Park DNs don't have * and the calls routed successfully.

Unfortunately I cannot comment on how + will be handled by ARC, but you find similar issue to that about. This is within ARC 4.1.4, all I can do is share my findings.

Rgds

Allan

Just to weigh in here - with Arc v4.1.4sr2, it does support "+ dialing" - you effectively configure the server to tell it what you want this prefix to mean (i.e. 900), and it will convert it for you

Thanks

hi thanks for the update, i am meeting the arc engineer on site monday to resolve, so we can use the + dialling for mobile numbers. the arc solution is a new install not gone live yet. can the opetators have different rules depending what country they are in. for example we have ops in uk munich and us. the us ops will have a resource pool for the cti ports and i would like the us ops to handle + dialling a little different.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: