Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP setup for CCMs and Unity

acerda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I did the procedure showed bellow for a cluster with 2 CCMs, where I dont change nothing for the Suscriber becuase it is pointing to the Publisher who is now working with the NTP. I restarted the NTP service on the SUB but I dont see that it is taking the time from PUB

It is that contain the ntp.conf file of the Subscriber:

server PUBHLISHER1 # Hostname of Primay CallManager

driftfile C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\ntp.drift # path for drift file

Procedure utilized:

Complete these steps in order to verify that the NetworkTimeProtocol service is configured to

launch automatically upon start-up:

a. Right-click on My Computer and select Manage.

b. Expand the Services and Applications section.

c. Select Services.

d. Double-click on the Network Time Protocol service.

e. Ensure that Start-up Type is set to Automatic.

Configure the C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\ntp.conf file.

This file contains the list of Time Servers that Cisco CallManager becomes synchronized with. You

can configure Cisco CallManager to point to specific Time Servers, or you can configure it to receive

NTP broadcasts on the local LAN segment from the router (as long as the router is configured to do

so).

Sample ntp.conf file that uses static Time Servers:

à server 10.0.0.10

à server 10.1.0.10

à driftfile %windir%\

In the Unity, I could find the ntp.conf file, do you know where I have to set up the NTP?

Pls your coments

Thanks

1 Reply 1

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Unity the time syncs with the Domain controller.

option 2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009470f.shtml#procedure4

hope this helps

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: