cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco attendant console call control failed

david.mcguire
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an AC that is getting the following "cisco attendant console call control failed" when every thay login I have reinstalled the software and also verfiyed that they are in the Ac groupd and have cti enabled. the ues can login but not have the call control enabled

6 Replies 6

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi David,

As per the attached link, these are Cisco's recommedations for this problem. If this persons phone is associated with the AC user in CCMAdmin I would suggest checking the password as this could be the problem (sounds like you've checked everything else):

Q. Why do users receive the "Initialization of Call Control Failed. Retrying..." error message when they logon to Cisco CallManager Attendant Console?

A. The probable causes are:

No 'ac' user exists.

There is an ac user password mismatch.

The Call Park Retrieval Allowed check box is not checked in the Cisco CallManager Administration.

Enable CTI Application is not checked in the Cisco CallManager Administration.

The pilot point and/or the controlled phones are not in the controlled device list of the ac user.

A. If no ac user exits, you must configure one user named ac in Cisco CallManager Administration and associate the attendant phones and the pilot points with the user. If you do not configure this user, the Attendant Console cannot interact with CTIManager, and the attendant cannot receive calls.

Select User > Add a New User from Cisco CallManager Administration. The User Information window displays.

Enter ac or another name that you can remember in the First Name and Last Name fields.

Enter ac in the User ID field.

Enter 12345 in the User Password field.

Enter 12345 in the Confirm Password field.

Enter a PIN and telephone number.

Check Enable CTI Application Use. You must check this box for the Attendant Console to interact with CTIManager.

Check Call Park Retrieval Allowed.

Click Insert.

Make sure that you associate the devices with the ac user.

A. Check for these parameters if the ac user already exists.

Note: Make sure that the ac user is same as the one configured on the Global Directory.

Select User > Global Directory from Cisco CallManager Administration. The User Information window displays.

Enter ac and click Search in the User Search field.

Click the ac user name from the resulting list of matching names.

Enter 12345 in the User Password field.

Enter 12345 in the Confirm Password field.

Enter a PIN and telephone number.

Check Enable CTI Application Use. You must check this box for the attendant console to interact with CTIManager.

Check Call Park Retrieval Allowed.

Click Update.

Make sure that you associate the devices with the ac user.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7282/products_qanda_item09186a00800b0a20.shtml#q25

Please rate useful posts...

Hi

Check you user name ac in Cisco CallManager Administration configured and associate the attendant phones and the pilot points with the user. If you do not configure this user, the Attendant Console cannot interact with CTIManager, and the attendant cannot receive calls.

*HTH* Pls rate it*

Hi All,

i am experiencing the same issue here but with CUCM 6.0.1. This post seems to be for 4.x. Can anyone advise what the issue will be within 6?

I have made sure my usernames match what is in ther service parameters however no password option in there so can't verify that.

regards

Ian

Hi,

I'm having a problem with AC on v6.1.2a. Call Control Down I have, but I'm able to control the phone. Did you found a solution for this problem?

Greets,

David

I've found the reason why I had Call Control Down: my attendant phone has 2 extensions 9721 & 9722. In the log I found information about extension 8526 in another partition, which was associated to my attendant phone since my attendant phone was previously used on the VoIP network. So in total 3 extensions were associated to my phone, but attendant console wasn't able to control extension 8526 giving the error message "Call Control Down". Also when looking closer at the Call Control window in Attendant, I had the line 8526 besides my 2 lines 9721 & 9722: 9721 & 9722 were OK to control (line 9721 worked from Attendant Console with error message Call Control Down!), but 8526 was greyed out. Solution: look up DN 8526 and disassociate it from my phone. After restart of Attendant Console, I had the 2 lines 9721 & 9722 in Call Control window and Call Control Up was finally shining :-)

Greets,

David

Hi David,

I had the same issue, some time ago, I configured Intercom on my reception phone, so then I did not delete that different extension, and when I tried to open up the att console, I was getting the same error, I removed that old intercom extension, and resolved the problem. Anyway your last comments are useful.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: