Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF tone issue in CME

miqbal_786
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

i've installed CME 7.0 IOS: 12.4.20T. now i am having a 1 problem which is as follows:

when any call comes in goes to Auto-Attendant and the main greeting gets played with different options e.g. press 1 for dial-by-name, Press 2 for dial-by-ext ... etc

Problem:

those users who have regular cell phones ( like Black Berry, Nokia etc) when they press any option it works for them but few callers are using touch screen phones from nokia or from any other company... so when they press any option, nothing happens

this is what i've configured to direct the calls to AA:

dial-peer voice 201 voip

description CUE Auto-Attendant

destination-pattern 5070

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:172.18.220.2

incoming called-number .

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

any input why its happening?

Regards

Muddasir

2 Replies 2

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Particular reason that you are using 12.4(20)T? do a sh voice dsp and tell me what your dspware is? Also are you using any hardware or software MTP's? Please paste the entire config.. try 12.4(15)T7 if you don't need 12.4(20)T for some reason..

Chad

Ronald Spencer
Level 1
Level 1

you say a few callers (with touchscreen phones) are not working, but the bulk are? Based on that information, it sounds as though your config is correct. On one of those touchscreen cell phones, when they touch the number is a DTMF tone played? Have you looked at the setting of those phones to ensure that (once a call is connected) you don't have to send a confirmation key (like enter or #) to encourage the phone to send the digit?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: