Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Installation issue - Pls reply - Urgent

daljeetsingh1_2
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

We are in the process to implement UCCX on 7825H2 server, however when i checked the media, i found that "HP Servers Cisco IP telephony Server OS 2003.1.2 Installation & Recovery DVD I" is not there in the box.

I understand that normal process will take time. Is it possible for me to kick start the installation in some other way? I mean using smart-start and than installing Windows 2003 (upgrading it to the latest) and than installing CRS?

All, Please help me & reply.

Or if the media itself can be downloaded? though i checked cco and couldnt found it.

Thanks,

Daljeet

5 Replies 5

bobsairam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

yes ,you can use install windows 2003 OS and upgrade the OS patch according to to your UCCX version .

The base OS media not available to download ,only the upgrade /patch available

*HTH*Pls rate it*

Regards,

Ranjan

Which version of CRS are you trying to install? Is it compatible with win2000AS? Do you have 'IP Telephony OS' or 'Cisco Unity, System-AS' disk? If you have try to install your CRS in those platform.

If you can't find none of them, open a service request at TAC, they will guide you the rest.

Guys,

Thanks alot for looking into this, i am installing crs 5.0(2) with Win 2003.

1. I have tried with Unity platform disk, it dint work. Says some error when i try to install CRS software. "your system is not modified" aborting the installation.

2. I have tried smartstart from HP also it dint work, it says controller is not compatible.

3. TAC says they dont take care of CD's, so they asked us to go to local Cisco AM/SE.

I am working with Cisco AM to get the CD from cisco lab, hopefully i will be able to get one today and will kick start the installation.

Thanks again guys!!

Cheers!!

You cannot use any other medie for UCCX 5 than the Cisco provided 2003.1.X, standard Windows media will fail. You should work with your local Cisco account to obtain the media, TAC case not provide it to you.

HTH,

Chris

Yeah Chris, I was working with the Cisco AM and today fortunately i got the disk, and i was able to install CRS in the morning.

Thanks,

Daljeet

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: