Views
Helpful
Replies

LWAP disconnect from my WLC

satyamothukuri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having a wireless LAN controller AIR-WLC4404-100-K9 with IOS 4.0.217.0.with in the LAN I am having 10 LWAP AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9 they are working fine I am able to access them at any time but, I am having a problem with this (AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9) out side the LAN (which are connected to my branch office network).Few times they will disconnect from my controller and after rebooting the LWAP it works fine. This is happening in all the locations. When the LWAP is disconnected from my controller I am not able to ping the LWAP (static IP assigned) from my controller but I can ping from my PC. Please let me how to give debug commands (how much time and at what time).Please help me in resolving this issue

Regards,

Satya.M

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I can be beacuse you are running the ap in local mode. Bandwidth can cause the ap to dissasociate from the WLC. Since the ap has an ip address, as long as it is on the network, you will be able to ping the ap. This doesn't mean that the ap should still be associated to the wlc. So look at what is preventing the communication between the ap and the wlc. UDP 12222 and 12223 (Data and Control Traffic) needs to have priority. You can create a policy map to make sure this traffic is guaranteed bandwidth. You can also look at running the ap in H-REAP. You will need to upgrade the WLC to 4.2... 4.2.130 has worked well for me. This way the ap can loose connection to the wlc, but traffic will still flow.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6087/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

i am running my ip in H-REAP mode.My IOS is 5.x.x.Is it necessary to configure my access point in a trunk mode connected to my switch? i haven't done that. is this could be preventing?

If you have the ap on a different subnet than the users or if you have multiple ssid's you want to map to certain vlans, then you need to configure a dot1q trunk. Also, you need to set the native vlan on the trunk to the vlan the ap ip address is on. I will take a look at the attachment.

-Scott

Can you post your show run-config and not the show running-config?

-Scott

Hi fella,

please find the atmt.Please do the needful.please its a little bit urgent....please

Hi fella,

please find the atmt.Please do the needful.please its a little bit urgent....please

One thing I didn't see is that the H-REAP ap's are not set with a native vlan. You have local switching on wlan 1 and wlan 3. The H-REAP ap's need to be on a trunk port (dot1q) and the native vlan should be that of the ip address of the LAP. Once you configure the H-REAP native vlan and hit apply, then you need to map your wlan 1 and wlan 3 to a vlan id local to that site.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card