Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM upgrade from 4.1.3 to 6.1 with 36GB HDD

arani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

We whant to upgrade our CUCM cluster 4.1.3 to 6.x, but our MCS server has only 36GB hard disk but 72 GB must be present for upgrade. someone know's steps to upgrade if we provide new 72GB hdd?

Thanks to all

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes that's right. since either way (new or same server) require to wipe out all the windows install and the usage of the DMA file to import all the info once you shut down the server you can insert the new HDD and make the RAID so you can start with the CUCM 6.x install, when prompted choose upgrade and point to the DMA file you got from the old version

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi friend,

If you need the steps to upgrade from CUCM 4.1.3 to 6.1 you can check this two URLs:

Upgrading to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.1(2) from Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.x Releases:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/6_1_2/upgrd612.html

About Data Migration Tool:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/dma/6_1_2/dmaug612.html

Hope this info helps for your upgrade.

Regards,

- Adrián.

Hi

the steps to make upgrade are clear.

My issue is about Hard Disk on the server.

I'm searching for a workaround about this.

Thank you.

simply take the DMA from the server, replace the HDD and install the CUCM 6.X choosing the upgrade option

install disk will look for that HDD and if not provided won't work, also it's not supported to try to use less than that HDD

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java

just to confirm i'm right.

Could you correct my steps?

1) Make DMA and all other pre upgrade steps

2) Pub server shutdown

3) Remove HDD and insert new HDD (make raid)

4) Install CUCM 6.X selecting Windows Upgrade

5) Apply DMA file.

Correct?

Thank You.

yes that's right. since either way (new or same server) require to wipe out all the windows install and the usage of the DMA file to import all the info once you shut down the server you can insert the new HDD and make the RAID so you can start with the CUCM 6.x install, when prompted choose upgrade and point to the DMA file you got from the old version

HTH

java

HTH

java

Ok Java

Thank you very much for your help and patience.

Best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: