cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 5.1 to 6.1 upgrade and inactive partition question

billriley19795
Level 1
Level 1

I am about to upgrade from 5.1 to 6.1. When I upgrade my publisher to 6.1 in the inactive partition do I need to restart it to the 6.1 version before I upgrade my subscriber servers or do I upgrade all of the inactive partitions at once and restart them all at once?

4 Replies 4

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

Yes you are correct, restart the publisher first as soon as it comes online restart the following subscribers.

I still don't understand the answere. SO I upgrade my publisher inactive partition to 6.1. The server is still running 5.1. Do I upgrade my subscribers to 6.1 while the publisher is still 5.1 or do I reboot the publisher to the 6.1 partition and then upgrade my subscriber inactive partitions? Or can I upgrade everything in the inactive partition all at once then just restart one by one.

You must install the upgrade patch on the first node before installing it on subscriber nodes.

You can install the upgrade patch on multiple subscriber servers at the same time.

When you install upgrade software, you install the software on the inactive partition.

The system continues to function normally while you are installing the software. When you are ready, you activate the inactive partition and reboot the system with the new upgrade software.

The current active partition will then get identified as the inactive partition when the system restarts. The current software remains in the inactive partition until the next upgrade.

When you are ready to activate the new version, you must activate the new software on the first node before activating it on all other nodes.

HTH

Allan

Ok so lets say I have 5 servers. 1 primary node and 4 subscribers. Can I upgrade all 5 of the servers inactive partitions at the same time. Then restart the primary server to 6.1 and after it is up restart all of the subscriber servers? I want to know if I have to upgrade the primary, then reboot to the new version then upgrade the subscribers or can I just upgrade all of the servers inactive partitions at the same time?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: