Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF Area 0 - Campus versus WAN

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

per

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns656/networking_solutions_design_guidances_list.html#anchor2

High Availability Campus Network Design-Routed Access Layer using EIGRP or OSPF

The design guide recommends changing the spf, lsa, and hello/dead timers to the msec on the Campus LAN but what about the WAN OSPf. I plan to use Area 0 on the WAN side. I don't think I need to tweak out the lsa,spf,hello,dead timers but would like to know what others have done.

1 Reply 1

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just like any design, the document provides recommendation on OSPF features. You must understand those features and apply them if needed. Not every design needs to be identical as there are a lot of variables thrown into each design. If you follow the design Best Practice from the document you've pointed out, you should be ok but also listen to the customer's concern - this is what makes you successful. If the WAN links are fast and reliable, then you can apply the same features as you would apply in the LAN.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card