VG224 SCCP FAX-MODEM & RAS w/ATA186

pepito1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i am configuring 4 VG224 with SCCP and i have add these lines:

voice service voip

fax protocol pass-through g711alaw

modem relay nse codec g711alaw

Is that all that i have to use for the faxes and modems works or i have to configure something special on the ports that have a fax or modem.

Also i have to configure RAS, i have a CCM 6.x and ATA 186, do i have to convert the ATA to h.323 to make work with RAS. Do i need something more, i was thinking that the callmanager receive the call and pass it to the ATA as an H323 endpoint. Is that Ok? or i need something more ...

Thanks for your time,

Jose

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

For first question, yes only enable it at gloal level according to this guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/fxs/configuration/guide/fxsrelay.html#wp1085525

You can use ATA with SCCP and CUCM, if you need RAS you need a GK, and yes configure H323 for ATA and register CUCM to GK using ICT GK Controlled.

If i don't have a Gatekeeper, can i configure the RAS? My scheme is below ...

PSTN -> GW -> CUCM -> ATA(H323) -> NETWORK

If i receive the call from the PSTN, i translate it into an extension that is routed by a Route Pattern to a Gateway h323 (ATA186). Does it works?

If no, can you please send me a link om how to configure that, thanks for your time.

Jose

RAS is with a GK device so it allow or restric calls based on Bandwitdh basically

Your scenario works, if ATA is configure as H323 endpoint to CUCM, you can use Locations also.

For RAS you need GK

I dont have a link but CCO has a lot of info if you look deeper

Thanks, if i have a Gateway configure with MGCP (2 e1 and 8 Fxo) can i use it as Gatekeeper too (h323 commands so i can use RAS?

I also going to test my scenario with the h323 ATA endpoint without GK and try the RAS.

Thanks,

Jose