Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove 5-char min username on LMS 2.6

mike.harlow
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the requirement that usernames be a minimum of 5 letters for the local usernames database. I cannot link Ciscoworks to using Active Directory under AAA, as my domain username is only 4 letters, and hence I cannot create a local username with the same name to assign myself privileges (Authorisation).

Also is it possible to disable the automatic guest feature. I dont want 25,000 students having guest access to the LMS just because they have an Active Directory account! I want to control all users authorisation by local usernames, but allow them to use/change their passwords in AD.

LMS 2.6 on Windows.

Regards.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The username restriction can be lifted by setting validateUser to false in NMSROOT/lib/classpath/ss.properties. After doing this, restart Daemon Manager.

The ability to login as guest cannot be disabled unless you fully integrate with CiscoSecure ACS, or disable the external login module.

Hi, just to clarify, the external login module is the module that allows me to interact with AD? So disabling it would disable AAA to AD and revert to local usernames anyway?

Correct.

OK, that's fine. I might just go back to local users. But at least I can use my normal 4 letter user name now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: