cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How not to discover LWAP devices with LMS

mike.harlow
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running LMS 2.6, and the autodiscovery process reports 150 unreachable devices. These devices turn out to be Cisco light weight access points. As LWAP do not run SNMP, but do run CDP, LMS sees them but cannot understand them. I know it is possible to SSH into an LWAP, but there does not seems to be an option to enable SNMP on the LWAP. As it cannot discover them, they do not get added so I can enter the DCR values for SSH anyway. So the items remain as unreachable.

Am I stuck with this, or can I tell LMS to either ignore the items and do not report them as unreachable (it makes it hard to find genuine problems amongst the 150 non-problem unreachable entries) or import them and then use SSH?

LMS 2.6 on Windows

Regards

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have two options in LMS 2.6. The preferred option is to filter them out using Discovery filters under Campus Manager > Admin > Device Discovery > Discovery Filters. If that is not possible, you can add the LWAPP CDP ID to the NonSnmpAccessible property in NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/ANIDevice.properties.