cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Security on Aironet 1300 bridges

Tasneem Fazal
Level 1
Level 1

I am a newbie on this fourm. I required your suggestions and recommendations. I have aironet 1300 bridges. I want to connect them in point to multipoint envt.

I want to have one root bridge and rest as non root bridges. But i want to implement authentication of non-root bridges through root bridge. Please suggest what is the latest and strongest authentication and security protocols that i can use. Please i am looking for an early response.

2 Replies 2

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

EAP Authentication type provides the highest level of security for your wireless network. By using the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) to interact with an EAP-compatible RADIUS server, the root access point/bridge helps another access point/bridge and the RADIUS server to perform mutual authentication and derive a dynamic unicast WEP key. The RADIUS server sends the WEP key to the root access point/bridge, which uses it for all unicast data signals that it sends to or receives from the non-root access point/bridge. The root access point/bridge also encrypts its broadcast WEP key (entered in the access point/bridge's WEP key slot 1) with the non-root access point/bridge's unicast key and sends it to the non-root access point/bridge.

Thanks for your reply. can we use WPA2 istead of WEP here for encryption and EAP for authentication. Is WPA2 is supported on 1300 bridges.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card