cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 Syslog Analyzer has suddenly stopped working

dave.bird
Level 1
Level 1

After a routine daemon stop/start syslog report generator now always shows 0 records. The syslog.log file is growing correctly. The Collector & Analyzer processes are running. Stop/start again did not help. I attach the sysloganalyzerui.log file in case it sheds any light.

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of RME is this?

It is 4.0.5.

This is most likely caused by CSCsh66475. The bug affects Windows where multiple SyslogAnalyzer automated actions are defined. It causes SyslogAnalyzer to take a long time to start up. The time it takes can be determined by multiplying the number of AAs by the number of devices in each AA by 4 seconds. The moral of the story is that this will eventually start working on its own (i.e. messages will start to be processed once again). The bug is fixed in RME 4.0.6.

Attempting to install 4.0.6 but the setup program has stalled, twice, on the "Checking locked files..." stage. Is there a way of unsticking it? Do I need to reboot the server before attempting the upgrade?

To partially answer my question. Rebooting the server does not help. The setup program still hangs.

Set the Daemon Manager service startup attribute to Manual, then reboot the server. Apply the RME 4.0.6 update (this assumes you've already installed Common Services 3.0.6). Then, set the Daemon Manager service back to Automatic, and reboot again.

That's exactly what I did when I rebooted earlier. But the setup program still got stuck at the checking locked files stage.

I suggest you open a TAC service request to have them assist you with this installation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: