Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-Peer Question

Hello,

I have a AS5300 GW with four E1 links. I`m expecting number 555710906. from any of the links. Right now I have configured:

dial-peer voice 17109061 pots

preference 1

incoming called-number 555710906.

destination-pattern 555710906.

direct-inward-dial

port 0:D

!

dial-peer voice 27109061 pots

preference 1

direct-inward-dial

port 1:D

!

dial-peer voice 37109061 pots

preference 1

direct-inward-dial

port 2:D

!

dial-peer voice 47109061 pots

preference 1

incoming called-number 55710906.

direct-inward-dial

port 3:D

Is it possible that configuring just ONE dial-peer I can achieve the same goal that with previous four dial-peers?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you can. You only need one incoming dial peer such as:

direct-inward-dial

You would then have an outbound dial peer if this call is to be send to CUCM for example:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 55710906.

session target ipv4:1.1.1.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you can. You only need one incoming dial peer such as:

direct-inward-dial

You would then have an outbound dial peer if this call is to be send to CUCM for example:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 55710906.

session target ipv4:1.1.1.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I have two more question:

1) Why do you omit destination-pattern and preference parameters in the suggested dial-peer?

2) What if I`m receiving number 55710906. only from three out of the four E1 links?

Thanks a lot.

1) You do not need "destination-pattern" and "incoming called-number". With only one inbound dial peer, you do not need the "preference" command. The default preference of 0 will work fine.

2) This is not a problem. The DNIS will match this inbound dial peer for these 3 E1s. If the other E1 has a different DNIS, you can create another dial peer for it to match. Another option, is to have one inbound dial peer that matches all incoming calls such as:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks a lot. Your answers resolved my issue. But, one final question:

What if I want this dial-peer to work both ways, do I need to include both "destination-pattern" and "incoming called-number"?

Yes, you could include both on a single dial peer to make it both an inbound and an outbound dial peer. I would recommend keeping them seperate for clarity.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Wouldn't this make my config file too large?

I'm not sure how large your environment is, but I doubt that having seperate inbound/outbound dial peers would make your config too large. This is especially true if you use one dial peer for incoming calls as I mentioned earlier.

Brandon

Ok, it is good to know.

Thanks, I really aprecciate your help.

I having a problem. If dont specify the port number the call fails. Any suggestions?

Can you post a "show run"?

Brandon

A little bit about call legs. Every call that a VG handles has two legs, minimuim; An inbound call leg and an outbound call leg. The outbound call leg is definitely more important: It indicates what protocol and destination the call should be routed to, as well as information about how the call should be setup.

Inbound call legs are used to control the preferred protocols for call setup negiotiation and can also be used to perform digit manipulation. It is not required to setup a dial-peer for inbound call legs because there are hidden default dial-peer that do this.

A single dial-peer can be used for both inbound and outbound call legs for different calls. (Typically, a dial peer cannot be used as the inbound and outbound on the *same* call.) For example, this dial-peer

dial-peer voice 99 pots

destination-pattern 9..........

port 2/0/0:23

would be the outbound leg on any 9+10-digit calls that came from a voip dial-peer and would be the inbound call leg on any calls that were inbound on the voice T-1.

This is an very good overview on dial peers and call legs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/dialpeer/configuration/guide/vd_dp_overview.html

one Question about dial-peer, that can we handle signals of channel through Dial-peer ... let supose i have two BRI physical interface (it means logical 4channels and it means only 4users can call parallel)let suppose i have total 20users & according to requirement, customer wants that his Manager's line should never be busy or should always be free ... is it possible that i split 19users from 3channel and 1user from 1channel ...some one told me it is possible via Dial-peer but he didnt tell how !! do you have any idea for this scenario ???

thanks in advance !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: