cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1510 Connection Issues

nshoe18
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1510 I just got back from a RMA and when we put it on the network it will connect and work then a couple hours later it will no longer show on the controller. Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

vlad.kabatov
Level 1
Level 1

Is it mounted in the same place as it was before? Any obstructions?

We actually have tried it in the same place it was before as well as in computer room directly plugged into the network. Even plugged directly to the switch it will only function for a short time then drop.

The unit you received back is probably not the same unit you sent in for RMA. You must add the new units mac address in the controllers mac filter to allow it to join the controller.

Sorry I should have put that...We have already got the MAC in a table. As I stated, the AP associates to the controller and after a period of time, it is no longer associated and does not come back. It is currently connected to the network using the Ethernet connection on the Access Point and it will not stay on the network with that connection either.

Clear the config on the AP and reset to factory defaults. Just because you got it from RMA doesn't mean it had not been out before. Then enable your LWAPP debugs and look for discovery traffic and see how the AP registers to the controller. Make sure the bridgegroup name matches as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: