Sip trunk between to CCM 4.13 server

D0nprintup_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have two locations and I am testing the following

- Sip trunk between them

Both locations have a CCM of 4.1.3

Both locations are connected via a VPN tunnel

--- The Tunnel is set to allow traffic from both voice networks. it is setup to allow tcp/up (all ports)

I created the sip trunk in ccm on both servers. I created the CCS and route pattern to test between both sides.

I can call each side, it answers. But I cannot hear any voice

I can hear DTMF tones when pressed but no audio.

I also see some werid issues with call hold and stuff but i am assuming thats the Limited SIP compat in the verison of call manager

Remote site - PIX 515

Main site - ASA 5520

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

seems SCCP traffic is routing correctly but not RTP, i'd suggest you to check any ACL config you have in there and also to verify the routing between the endpoints, sounds like a routing or blocking issue

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

its conencted via a tunnel. all traffic from 10.10.10.1 can reach 10.10.11.1 and back.

The weird thing, I uninstalled my ip communicator and reinstalled it and now it works.

I dont believe there was an ACL since its a tunnel and I am protecting the entire subnet on both sides

bilmartin
Level 1
Level 1

could be, but try restarting CM service on both sides to test.

I was also facing same problem in my network.

Calling signal was passing properly but RTP packets are blocked. after open the UDP port no 16834 to 32767 on firewall it's working fine.

You can test on IP Phone (79XX) whether RTP Packet blocked or not. Make a call between clusters and press the ? Button twice on IP Phone.

And check RX and TX statics.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: