Regards,

- Adrián.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Adrian,

It sounds as though you are definitely running into this Cisco bug. Details below; follow the link provided for the resolution (sorry, it's a long one & only some of it will fit on this page!)

CSCsr92707 Bug Details

DUC125: MSCW fails to create mail files for default accounts

Symptoms:

After a new installation of Cisco Unity with IBM Lotus Domino, in which everything seems to have gone fine, when you open the Cisco Unity System Administrator (SA), and click the Subscribers link, a page is displayed that contains only the following text:

error '8004010f'

/Web/Common/include/SaConstInc.asp, line 122

You may also see the following error in the Application Log in Event Viewer:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_UMR

Event Category: UMR Thread Error

Event ID: 137

Description:

Attempts to deliver Unity Message Repository messages have failed due to Unity configuration or connectivity issues with the Partner Mail Server.

AvUMRSyncSvr will suspend message delivery for 300 s

At this point, Cisco Unity will not be able to deliver messages because a mail file for the default user, Unity Messaging, was not created during Message Store Configuration Wizard (MSCW), which is one of the wizards launched from the Cisco Unity Installation and Configuration Assistant (CUICA). In fact, MSCW failed to create mail files for all three default users: Example Administrator, Unity Messaging, and UnityBroadcast . If you look in the Domino Administrator, you will see these users listed in the Domino Directory, but when you open their Person documents, the Mail Server and Mail File fields are empty, and their mail files are not on the Domino server.

The default users must have mail files in order for Cisco Unity to function properly.

Conditions:

This problem was observed with Cisco Unity 5.0(1) using DUC 1.2.5, and partnered with a Domino 8.0.1 server running on Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 10. However, the problem could exist in other versions of Cisco Unity, Domino, and DUC.

In Cisco Unity 7.0(2), and later, if there are any errors during the creation of the default users, MSCW displays an error message, and fails. CUICA will not allow you to continue with the setup until MSCW runs successfully. If this happens, follow the steps in the workaround below to see if it solves the problem.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsr92707&from=summary

Please rate useful posts...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

culittle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like it is permissions related. I would ensure your unity install account has the correct rights and rerun your Message Store Configuration Wizard.

Hi Curtis,

Thanks for your response.

I have a doubt. Why we can access with UnityInstall account other things within the Web SA except subscribers page?

Also, we run the Permission Wizard to ensure grant access for UnityInstall and UnitySvc accounts.

Regards,

- Adrián.

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Adrian,

It sounds as though you are definitely running into this Cisco bug. Details below; follow the link provided for the resolution (sorry, it's a long one & only some of it will fit on this page!)

CSCsr92707 Bug Details

DUC125: MSCW fails to create mail files for default accounts

Symptoms:

After a new installation of Cisco Unity with IBM Lotus Domino, in which everything seems to have gone fine, when you open the Cisco Unity System Administrator (SA), and click the Subscribers link, a page is displayed that contains only the following text:

error '8004010f'

/Web/Common/include/SaConstInc.asp, line 122

You may also see the following error in the Application Log in Event Viewer:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_UMR

Event Category: UMR Thread Error

Event ID: 137

Description:

Attempts to deliver Unity Message Repository messages have failed due to Unity configuration or connectivity issues with the Partner Mail Server.

AvUMRSyncSvr will suspend message delivery for 300 s

At this point, Cisco Unity will not be able to deliver messages because a mail file for the default user, Unity Messaging, was not created during Message Store Configuration Wizard (MSCW), which is one of the wizards launched from the Cisco Unity Installation and Configuration Assistant (CUICA). In fact, MSCW failed to create mail files for all three default users: Example Administrator, Unity Messaging, and UnityBroadcast . If you look in the Domino Administrator, you will see these users listed in the Domino Directory, but when you open their Person documents, the Mail Server and Mail File fields are empty, and their mail files are not on the Domino server.

The default users must have mail files in order for Cisco Unity to function properly.

Conditions:

This problem was observed with Cisco Unity 5.0(1) using DUC 1.2.5, and partnered with a Domino 8.0.1 server running on Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 10. However, the problem could exist in other versions of Cisco Unity, Domino, and DUC.

In Cisco Unity 7.0(2), and later, if there are any errors during the creation of the default users, MSCW displays an error message, and fails. CUICA will not allow you to continue with the setup until MSCW runs successfully. If this happens, follow the steps in the workaround below to see if it solves the problem.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsr92707&from=summary

Please rate useful posts...

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for that link!. I follow ALL the workaround and now I'm able to add subscribers =)

Regards,

- Adrián.

I working on Unity version 7.0, and have this same issue when accessing subscriber on the first try:

error '8004010f'

/Web/Common/include/SaConstInc.asp, line 122.

I have follow the suggested workaround but to no avail. I have a case opened with TAC and the engineer suggests to check the subsriber table in Unitydb for the SmtpAddress field. The field is empty in my scenario. Have anyone run across this issue and how to fix this issue.

Thanks.

Dat Pham

I am able to access the subscriber page ok now. I make an update in the Unitydb - subscriber table on field SubscriberType from 1 to 3. And now it works like a charm.

===============================================================================================================

Issue:

Cisco Unity 7.0 Error: "8004010f
/web/common/include/saconstinc.asp,− 122"

Solution:
Before you proceed to the steps in order to resolve the issue, verify this information:
· Ensure that the Notes client was successfully installed and configured on the Cisco Unity server
· Verify that the Domino server have the UnityServers group listed
After you verify the previous steps, complete these steps in order to resolve the issue:
1. Delete these accounts from Domino:
¨ Example Administrator
¨ Unity Messaging
¨ UnityBroadcast [UnityServerName]

2.The mail file template that Message Store Configuration Wizard (MSCW) uses to
create the mail files for the default users does not exist on the Domino server with which Cisco Unity
is partnered. So, you need to add a mail file template Registry Key to the Cisco Unity Server.
Complete these steps in order to create a mail file template.
  a. On the Cisco Unity server, choose Start > Run and type regedit.
  b. Expand this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Active Voice >
      Directory Connectors > DirSynchDomino > 1.00 .
  c. Add a new String value called MailFileTmplt.
  d. Double−click MailFileTmplt. In the value data field, enter the name of a mail template that
      is available on the Domino partner server.
      For Domino 8.5 configuration, the only mail template on the partner server is mail85.ntf, so
      enter that value.
  e. Click OK, and close regedit.

3. Now run the Message Store Configuration Wizard (MSCW) again.

4. Navigate to the subscriber table in UnityDb, and find the subscriber type for the EAdmin user.

5. Verifiy that EAdmin had SubscriberType = 3.

Note: By default, the SubscriberType would be set for an ID of 1 for Exchange users, and
should be 3 for Domino. If SubscriberType = 1, change the ID to 3 in the subscribers table.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: