cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Add user in Unity

cplatt01
Level 1
Level 1

I can access the GUI Admin page, but the Add and Delete is grayed out. I ran the permissions wizard and I have all the access rights necessary.

I also granted the User the Access with the Grant Unity Access Tool.

Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

It sounds as though you need to run the DC/GC (Domain Controller/Global Catalog) Reconnect-tool (Commserver > Utilities or Tools Depot) as the server sounds like it's not connected. This will basically force reconnection. It isn't service affecting so you can run it anytime and monitor via the application logs to see when it finishes.

Is this affecting all subscribers or just one?

If this is just one person, have they been moved across mailstores recently or have any external Exchange/AD changes been made to their account?

If so you could try manually removing them from the SQL database and re-importing..

Please rate useful posts...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what account are you using to log into SAweb?

are you logging directly in the server or from a remote computer?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

It sounds as though you need to run the DC/GC (Domain Controller/Global Catalog) Reconnect-tool (Commserver > Utilities or Tools Depot) as the server sounds like it's not connected. This will basically force reconnection. It isn't service affecting so you can run it anytime and monitor via the application logs to see when it finishes.

Is this affecting all subscribers or just one?

If this is just one person, have they been moved across mailstores recently or have any external Exchange/AD changes been made to their account?

If so you could try manually removing them from the SQL database and re-importing..

Please rate useful posts...

That was it. I didn't have that tool downloaded at the time. Thanks again.

A forced connection to the domain controller fixed the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: