cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CFwdALL works from phone only - not ccmuser or ccmadmin

hypnotoad
Level 3
Level 3

As the title states. This is a weird one. I can use the CFwdALL softkey to forward all calls to voicemail or any other number a user is permitted to dial. That work well.

Call forward all fail when doing this from the CCMADMIN page or from CCMUSER. The setting is made and it appears on the phone. The caller hears "Your call cannot be completed as dialed....".

I have a new 6.12 cluster that was upgraded from 4.13 on Friday. This is new since the upgrade.

Any ideas?

--Patrick

4 Replies 4

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Patrick, the Primary and Secondary CFA CSS are configured using the Line and Device CSS that is already configured when the user initiates the CFA from the phone.

However, with CCMUser or CCMAdmin all you are doing is updating the CFA number. In these circumstances you will need to first manually configure the Primary and Secondary CSS.

Have you tried initiating a CFA from the phone, and then change CFA from within CCMUSER?

Rgds

Allan.

When I do a CFA from a phone and then look at CCMADMIN I see this. The CSS entry just to the right of the number is automatically filled in and is the same as the CSS for the line.

If I do this from CCMUSER it does not get auto filled.

I think I will need to use bulk admin to set the CSS for everyone.

--Patrick

I think I have it sorted. I was using the line CSS and it really wanted the device CSS. Now I just have to figure out the new bulk admin.

Thanks,

Patrick

Patrick, that's correct. The CFA CSS activation policy dictates that it is the line/device CSS which populates the Primary and Secondard CSS with the line configuration.

This was what I was refering to my last post. CCMAdmin and CCMUser simply updates the number and not the CSS. You will have to be specific in this instance.

You will find that if a user activate the CFA policy by setting the CFA from the phone, and then use CCMUser to change it.

Setting the service parameter initially was a workaround without having to update the CSS fields as appropriate through BAT.

Regards

Allan.

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: