Hello, I just setup DHCP to hand out IPs to my LAN. Im not comfortable with
the exclusions in regard to what it says in the config and no also no available "show" commands to view excluded addresses. I googled this but did not find anything. I thought it would be a great topic for here. Here Is what I did and my questions below:
dhcp-router# conf t
Router(config)# ip dhcp pool DHCPPOOLNAME
Router(dhcp-config)#network 192.168.1.0 /24
Router(dhcp-config)#dns-server X.X.X.X X.X.X.X
dhcp-router(dhcp-config)# netbios-name-server 192.168.1.12
Router(config)#ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.99
Router(config)#ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.1.201 192.168.1.254
After I configured this my exclusions were only visible to me
through "show run" Here is the output:
no ip dhcp use vrf connected
ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.99
ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.1.201 192.168.1.254
1. Why does it say "use vrf connected" ?
2. Are my exclusions going to work for my LAN ?
3. Is there a show command that gives a administrator the exclusions ?
Please bear in mind that people on this forum do not get paid to give advice. They do it to help people out and these forums are known for their politeness and the willingness of the contributors to try and help.
Marwan has tried to answer your questions and it's perhaps not too surprising based on your responses to him that others have been less than keen to jump in.
Anyway that said NetPro is about giving help
1) You are not using vrf's. This line seems to be a standard line IOS puts into your config. If you were using vrf's it may be relevant.
2) Yes, why wouldn't they. I can't see a reason with the config you have supplied why they wouldn't.
3) No although "sh run | begin ip dhcp excluded" would get you to the bit you are interested in.
1 it simply means excluded ip addresses are not part of dhcp database.
2 Yes, it will work
3 Because excluded addresses are not part of dhcp database, these are part of main config, can be seen in running config, using show runn or show runn | inc excluded
Hope this helps....