cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP As Gateway

wasiimcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I am not able to add CVP in cisco callmanger as voice gateway. I added the CVP as H.232 gateway but still the status is unknow.

Please help me out how to solve this problem. I have restart CVP and CCM but still i m getting status unknow.

I have made the route pattern xxxxx which points towards the CVP but no result.

26 Replies 26

Hi,

It will remain unknown, don't worry.

But you can specify your route patterns with this gateway and it will work fine. Have a test by setting a route pattern with 'Gateway/Route List' pointing to CVP, issue 'ss'/'sss' command at 'VB Admin', you will see call are coming there.

Please rate if helpful.

Thanks for the reply, but still not working. When I dialed 33333 i m getting fast busy.

Though Agent phone, and gateway are in the same CSS.

When I did the ss and sss in VB admin no calls in progress, no IVR Ports active.

Hi Wasiim,

There are many reasons your IVR ports are not active. Look for this issue later, first look for whether the calls are counting by VB. Can you see any number count as 'Total Calls:' after issuing the command 'ss'? If it's still zero, then you can't reach the VB. If you think you can't reach it for permission related complexities, roll back all devices at CSS, then look for the 'Total Calls:' again. Did you configured the route pattern correctly with CVP as gateway? Do you have any firewall between CVP and CCM?

After that, your IVR ports might not be active if your VRU PIM is not active or if the link between VB and AS is down or ICM subsystem is not active. You will hear 'critical error message' if ICM returns any error.

Thanks for the reply, I think problem has resolved. I think I was using wrong CSS.

The counter in VB is increasing whenever i dial the number. I am getting this message, We are currently face the difficulties with the sites.

VRU PIM is active. only problem is now that is strange I am not able to add the CVP server in Routing Group.

In Callmanger I am not able to add CVP in routing group.

Route pattern is xxxxx and points towards the CVP Ip address.

Pleaes tell me why it is so, I had screen shot of live enviroment Callmanger where i can that CVP is added as gateway in Routing Group of Callmanger.

Hi Wasiim,

First, that 'critical error message' don't relate with the route group you are trying to configure at CCM. How many CVP with you are playing with? You don't need to configure the route group if you have a single CVP box. Can you get the 'ICM Subsystem' is up and running from Application Administration page?

Second, there should be a specific error message at voice browser window, you will find it at 'CVP Monitor' option.

wasiimcisco,

Why don't you tell us what you are trying to do here?

It appears you are trying to get a CVP application to run from a call from an IP phone. Is that correct?

Do you have CVP working on calls to the gateway from the PSTN or an FXS port?

How much CVP background do you have?

Regards,

Geoff

I want to configure when user dial 33333 they heard a welcome prompt and their call transfer to ADS.

I have confiugre most of the configuration in terms of CVP and ICM PG etc. All services are up and running and now only scripting left, please help me out how to creat script in ICM.

I have only CVP server. Now at least I am able to reach ADS after dialing a DN configured in ICM Dialed Number script. After 20 seconds I am getting this Message that WE ARE HAVING TECHNICAL PROBLEM WITH SITE.

Now please let me know how to configure ICM Script that user when dial 33333 it hears the prompt and in the mean while agents

receive the call.

I dont have any GW/GK. I am using CVP as voice gateway.

All the ICM services are up and running and ICM subsystem is also up and running.

Now please guide me how to creat script, I m not familar with scripting. Please help me out.

While this error prompt is generating, it's also showing error at CVP monitor and/or at ' Router router' at your ICM router, you can guide yourself to resolve those.

Here you will find the installation and configuration guide for your guidance:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ipccenterprise7_0/installation/guide/ipce70ic.pdf

You will need a GK to register your CCM and CVP, otherwise calls at return path from router can't reach it's label.

Here is the ICM scripting guide with some examples at the end:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ipccenterprise7_0/user/guide/ipce70sg.pdf

wasiimcisco writes:

"I want to configure when user dial 33333 they heard a welcome prompt and their call transfer to ADS."

What sort of user? A user with an IP phone? I guess so, but please confirm. Do you want a user on an IP phone to be able to call 33333? It sounds like it.

What is ADS?

You typically need a voice gateway to run the VXML. You need either a gatekeeper for H.323, or you need to use SIP. You say that you do NOT have a voice gateway! An unusual set up.

In the early versions of ISN/CVP you could get the VXML to run on the Voice Brower - in fact, when I first tried to set up CVP three or four years ago, that's where my VXML script was running, much to my dismay. That's why it was called a Voice Browser.

It's possible that this functionality still exists.

But this is not how CVP should be used. You would not be taking advantage of queuing at the edge of the network.

If all you require is for IP phones to run IVR scripts, wouldn't the IPIVR be a better choice?

Regards,

Geoff

This is my lab setup. That is why i dont have any voice gateway.

I want user with IP phone when calls 33333 their call transfer to user who is login with Agent desktop software.

and when agent will be in no ready state, the user get the Waiting prompt.

So far i have configure the ICM with CCMPG, VRUPG, skill group, agent desktop setting profile, dailed number (33333).

Now I wana have help in creating a basic Queue script. Any screen shots will be highly appreicated.

You would need a Voice GW for all this like the others are saying or any sort of Call Server to process the VXML requests.

Regards,

Riccardo

My friend caller are not coming from PSTN side. This is my lab setup. All the agents are register with on Call manager. THis is some sort of Agent to agent call.

I see - ADS = Agent desktop software.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: