cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to setup username in PIX 6.5.3

insccisco
Level 1
Level 1

I can access the PIX from the outside via SSH but the username and password I configured in the PIX does not work.

I created a username like

username user1 password mypassword priv 15

Is there anything else I need to do?

When I use pix as the username and then the enable password as the password it works....

please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Angel,

You need to configure "aaa authentication ssh console LOCAL" for the Pix to prompt you for the username/password configured locally on the Pix.

Regards,

Arul

** Please rate all helpful posts **

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Angel,

You need to configure "aaa authentication ssh console LOCAL" for the Pix to prompt you for the username/password configured locally on the Pix.

Regards,

Arul

great... I just entered the aaa authentication ssh console LOCAL command and I can now get in past the prompt.

However, although I specified priv 15 in the username statement, the PIX still asks for the enable password.

How do I get straight to the privilege mode after entering the user's credentials?

Angel,

It is my understanding that it is not possible to get direct privilege 15 access in Pix and ASA. Atleast, that is my experience with ASA and 7.0 code. I tried this in the lab long time ago, when ASA and 7.0 was released.

I would be interested to take a look at your configuration/setup, in case you tweak something and get this working.

Also, refer a similar question/thread.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Security&topic=Firewalling&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40^1%40%40.2cc215e1/4#selected_message

Regards,

Arul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card