Certificate

Unanswered Question
Oct 13th, 2008

I would like to enquire wether i have to re take the exam as i am preparing to take my ccnp certificate .

My Cisco Id is CSCO11147396 ,exam taken on dec 2006

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Tue, 10/14/2008 - 06:37

I'm not sure which exam you're referring to, but, in general, Cisco exams are valid for 3 years. So, if you took one of the CCNP exams in December of 2006, you will have until December of 2009 to complete all of the exams. After this time, you would need to retake the expired exam for your CCNP to be valid.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

mvadivell Tue, 10/14/2008 - 22:53

Thanks For the reply ..

Had taken my CCNA exam on Dec 2006 and preparing for CCSP .But as per your mail u have stated that "all the exams have to be completed within 3 years".

Can you please brief me on that again ...

Brandon Buffin Wed, 10/15/2008 - 04:32

The CCNA and all professional level exams expire after 3 years. A professional level exam will renew your CCNA. So, from the date you take your first CCSP exam, you will have 3 years to complete all of the CCSP exams. After 3 years, the first exam would have expired and you would need to repeat this test.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

lffrwatson Tue, 10/28/2008 - 06:12

Just remember any professional level cert recertifies everything. So when the three years is fixing to expire pick a professional cert you know you can easily pass. I usually took the CCNP routing. Now days I just take CCIE written to recertify. I see to many people let there certs expire. Please dont do this if you can help it. Good luck.

Actions

This Discussion