Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn users and bandwidth

miskoolak
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I have access server who many users connect to it. by the way all of users will be authenticated via cisco acs.

I want to implement a solution to assign 64K bandwith to each user. I mean dedicatd bandwidth. I tried Class-map and police but the mistake is that it is not possible to assign dedicated for each user.

please guide me

5 Replies 5

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Amir,

Just so I am clear on what you are trying to do. You want to apply QoS on remote VPN users?? In which direction?? REMEMBER you can only apply QoS outbound - going to the user.

HTH>

dear andrew

my vpn users are in lan side and the reason for vpn connections are internet access.

please inform me for suitable solution

regards

You want to limit the amount of badnwdith a VPN user uses on the internet????

Where do the VPN's terminate? Where is the internet access? Do you have a diagram of what you are trying to do?

the diagram look like this:

user-->router(VPN established)-->Internet

each user from LAN for internet access should establish a vpn connection the router will Authenticate it with cisco ACS if user is authenticated then it has internet access.

I want to limit each user bandwidth for internet connectivity

regards

I do not have a clue how you would do this.

I would be interested in the solution, if it's at all possible. Perhaps another netpro can help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card