Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to create conference from IP phone over FXO

agster
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone

I have a CME 4.0 box and about 10 IP phones. When I make a call out to the PSTN over an FXO port my Conference Softkey disappears. Is this just a restriction of FXO or is there a workaround?

Many thanks

A

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rick Arps
Level 4
Level 4

How do you have your dsp resources setup on your router? The situation can vary depending on the type and number of dsps. If you only have one dsp chip, which would be a pvdm2-8 I believe, you're stuck with either conferencing or voice port termination. A single chip can not do both. If you have a pvdm module with more than one chip on it, a second chip can be assigned to do the conferencing if it is not already in use.

Hope this helps,

Rick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rick Arps
Level 4
Level 4

How do you have your dsp resources setup on your router? The situation can vary depending on the type and number of dsps. If you only have one dsp chip, which would be a pvdm2-8 I believe, you're stuck with either conferencing or voice port termination. A single chip can not do both. If you have a pvdm module with more than one chip on it, a second chip can be assigned to do the conferencing if it is not already in use.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Hi Rick

Thanks verymuch for the post. We have a PVDM2-16 in place with 8 FXO ports. The PVDM2 is a single chip I believe so that pretty much solves it. :-)

Incidentally, if we put another DSP in the router is the conferencing taken care of automagically or is there more DSP config I need to put on?

Thanks again

A

I believe it's automagically with cme.

Rick

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Unfortunately it is not that strainght forward. Certain configuration is required in order to utilised hardware DSP for conferencing.

Please refer to the following URL from the CME guide for more information. It details configuring conferencing and DSP resources:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeconf.html#wp1010534

Rgds

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: