cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

trouble with admin of air controller 526

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I configured a 526 controller by connecting a PC to Port1 of the box. I configured the following three IPs: 192.168.1.250, 192.168.1.251 and 1.1.1.1 for the management, ap-management and virtual interfaces. When I have this PC connected to port1 I can ping, and manage it using the 192.168.1.250 IP. However, when I move the port1 interface to my CD500 network I can no longer ping or manage. I don't see any errors on the CE500? What's up with that?

Thanks,

Diego

PS: When the 526 is not connected to the CE500 nothing responds to pings on that IP so I am pretty sure it is not an IP conflict.

2 Replies 2

slongewa
Level 1
Level 1

Is the port on the CE500 set to be an access or trunk port for the VLAN that contains addresses in the 192.168.1.0 Network? Does the 526 have a default-gateway set that allows it to access the network from which you are trying to manage the controller?

The port is configured as an AP port which is the recomended setting. Actually what worked was to turn off the auto mdi/mdx setting on the CE500 port. Been working well ever since.

Thanks,

Diego

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: